close
Potluck Party: 一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和餐具,參加的人必須帶一道菜或準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。
Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。 
Drop me a line!寫封信給我。 
Give me a ring. = Call me!來個電話吧! 
For here or to go?堂食或外賣。 
Cool:That's cool! 等於臺灣年輕人常用的囗語"酷!",表示不賴嘛!用於人或事均可。
What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 見面時隨囗問候的話"最近在忙什麼?有什麼新鮮事嗎?"一般的回答是"Nothing much!"或"Nothing new!"
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。
Don't give me a hard time! 別跟我過不去好不好! 
Get yourself together! 振作點行不行! 
Do you have "the" time? 現在幾點鐘?可別誤以為人家要約你出去。 
Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撐一下。 
Give me a break! 你饒了我吧!(開玩笑的話) 
Hang on. 請稍候。 
Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。 
What a big hassle. 真是個麻煩事。
What a crummy day. 多倒楣的一天。
Go for it. 加油
You bet. = Of course. 當然;看我的!
Wishful thinking. 一廂情願的想法。
Don't be so fussy! 別那麼挑剔好不好。
It's a long story. 唉!說來話長。
How have you been? = How are you doing? 你過得如何?近來可好?
Take things for granted. 自以為理所當然。
Don't put on airs. 別擺架子。
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone. 迷戀某人
What's the catch? 有什麼內幕?
Party animal. 開Party狂的人(喜歡參加舞會的人)
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 眼中釘,肉中刺。
Skeleton in the closet. 家醜 
Don't get on my nerve! 別把我惹毛了!
A fat chance. =A poor chance. 機會很小
I am racking my brains. 我正在絞盡腦
She's a real drag. 她真有點礙手礙腳
Spacing out = daydreaming. 做白日夢
I am so fed up. 我受夠了!
It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重點是什麼?
By all means = Definitely. 一定是。
Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃點東西吧!
I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. = My treat. 我請客
Let's go Dutch. 各付各的
My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服
Diarrhea 拉肚子
吃牛排時,waiter會問"How would you like it?"就是問"要幾分熟"的意思,可以選擇rare,medium或 well done。 
I am under the weather. = I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你不能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。) 
I am not myself today. 我今天什麼都不對勁!
Let's get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!
What's the rush! 急什麼!
Such a fruitcake! 神經病!
I'll swing by later. = I'll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。
I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!
easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。
Flunk out 被當掉
Take French leave 不告而別
I don't get the picture. = I don't understand. 我不明白。
You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。
Hit the road = take off = get on one's way 離開。
Now he is in the driver's seat = He is in control now.
Keep a low profile (or low key). 採取低姿態。
Kinky = bizarre = wacky = weird 古怪的。
Klutz (= clutz) =idiot 白癡、笨蛋。
Know one's way around 識途老馬。
lion's share 大部份。
Tailgate 尾隨(尤其跟車跟得太近)。
Take a back seat. 讓步。
Take a hike = leave me alone = get lost 滾開。
Hit the hay = go to bed 睡覺。
Can you give me a lift? = Can you give me a ride? 載我一程好嗎?
Green hand 生手、沒有經驗的人。
Moonshine = mountain dew 指私釀的烈酒(威士卡)或走私的酒。胡說八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.
Chill out = calm down = relax(來自黑人英語)
Rip off = steal:I was ripped off. 我被偷了;rip off 也常被用為"剝奪"My
Right was ripped off. 權利被剝奪(來自黑人英語)。
我們稱美國大兵為G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德國兵或德國佬為Fritzor Kraut,稱英國佬為John Bull,日本人為Jap.或Nip,猶太人為Jew都是很不禮貌的稱呼。
Mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around. 趕快工作,別瞎攪和。
Snob 勢利眼
Sneak in, sneak out 偷偷溜進去,溜出來 sneakers 運動鞋
She is such a brownnose. 她是個馬屁精。
This is in way over my head. 對我而言這實在太難了。
I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是個考試緊張大師,一考試胃就抽筋。
Keep your study (work) on track. 請按進度讀書(工作)。
Did you come up with any ideas? 有沒有想到什新的意見?
Don't get uptight! Take it easy. 別緊張,慢慢來!
Cheese! It tastes like cardboard. 天哪,吃起來味如嚼臘!
Get one's feet wet. 與中文裏的"涉足"或"下海",寓意相同,表示初嘗某事。
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    S級魯肉日記 發表在 痞客邦 留言(2) 人氣()